Friday, September 7, 2018

A Visit with Susan Bensema Young - the Horses

Today was a fabulous hobby day - my friend, Susan Bensema Young, came for a visit.
We never ran out of things to talk about and could easily have spent another day together, we had so many things to share.
Sue was anxious to see my circus pony collection, and I surprised her by giving her a Hagen Renaker Head Up Circus Pony.
 Getting closer to see the mini circus ponies in better detail.
She'd never seen the Shiken ponies before - I found them on eBay simply by doing a search for "circus pony."
 Sue is a very observant person, something that I am sure helps her be such a premiere tackmaker. Here she examines my favorite Breyer, the charcoal Semi-Rearing Mustang I bought with my babysitting money ($5) in sixth grade.

After some time in my horse room, we headed back downstairs so that Sue could show me all the goodies that she had brought to share.
 Brasenose, her 2018 NaMoPaiMo piece was in among the goodies! Last February I watched her bring him to life - the golden undertones in his coat are stunning.
Like me, Sue collects Breyer's model horse blankets. I may put together a pattern and begin to make some of my own. Much as I like to sew, I am sure I could sell them to other hobbyists.

After a quick break for lunch, we headed out to the barn to visit Abby.
 Abby smells Sue's hand as they get acquainted.
I love this photo of the mares and Sue! I think that she really enjoyed visiting Abby and the herd. 

After meeting the herd, we headed back to the house to look through Sue's binders and chat some more. Look for a blog post on the tack and vehicle portion of our day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment