Sycamore Valley was beautiful and situated on the Wildcat, a tributary of the Wabash.
I was ten and went with my best friend, Bobbie Sue. (She was the one I used to hold backyard model horse shows with.)
Bobbie with LBJ, the camp's resident burro. (LBJ was the nickname for Lyndon B. Johnson, the President. Someone was not a fan of him when they named that donkey!)
I reveled in having access to so many horses while at camp.
This girl reminds me of Irish Flame. And that saddle sore on her back looks like it was painful.
Look at the color on the horse behind her - oh, how I wish a photo of it by itself were in the slides that my father took!Bobbie Sue and I went to Girl Scout camp together several times, but eventually we both dropped out of Girl Scouts when we started Junior High.
We continued going to horse camp together, though. More tomorrow!






No comments:
Post a Comment