Friday, January 22, 2021

Winter Blues for Abby

 Abby is one lonely girl. 


It's not that she is alone in the pasture. Not at all.


She has Trouble and Hokey with her. And, she has a nice warm barn, fresh water, good hay, and room to roam.


But Sultanna is across the property keeping Diablo company. (Diablo was sold last fall and her new owners rent the blue barn and its pasture.) Diablo was Abby's bestie while Sultanna completed the trio of friendship.


It's hard when your friends are no longer with you. Abby still comes up for her peppermints and carrots, but I can tell she is missing her girls.


Short of buying another horse to keep her company, there isn't much I can do. So I bring her those peppermints and carrots and do my best to be a bright spot in her day.






3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, buying another horse won't guarantee that it would bond with Abby, either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about a hand walk over the farm to her friends or vice versa friends for a visit to Abby?

    ReplyDelete