Saturday, July 8, 2023

BreyerFest: And the FOMO Begins

Here I am surrounded by some of those who I love the most, and I am feeling left out. Hard to believe, right?

But yesterday I left a big box and two white envelopes on the porch for Barn Buddy Kelsey to come and get and that has triggered the blues.

Inside the box was a mummified, bubble wrapped, packing peanutted Beswick Drafter that is being delivered to Jennifer Buxton at BreyerFest. 


The white envelopes were my BreyerFest tickets. Kelsey was kind enough to agree to deliver my box and pick up my models for me this year since I cannot go.

I'm very grateful for Kelsey's help, don't get me wrong. But with the Beswick and the tickets now out of my hands, the reality has hit that I'm attending BreyerFest virtually this year and not in person. I won't be seeing my friends, I won't be wandering the Clarion, and I won't be attending seminars and strolling through the barns of the Kentucky Horse Park.


By the same token, I will be watching the live feed, participating in the virtual seminars, and staying cool and comfortable at home.


I have access to my own "horse park" where I can walk around and see the sights and pet the beautiful horses.


And Craig and I will go out to eat at Bob Evans as that is where he and I went to eat when we went to BreyerFest in person.

Finally, I will look forward to Kelsey's return and seeing what she brought home to me!

Don't worry about me - I'll be okay.





2 comments:

  1. I remember that your build-up to BreyerFest said that you would be staying at the Clarion for the first time, and other fun activities were planned. Family is so important and time with them is precious, especially when they are spread all over the country as yours is.

    Thankfully, you will be able to observe a lot of BF via the internet, something we couldn't do years ago. But being in among your "model horse tribe" and sharing the laughs, triumphs, and disappointments in Kentucky is just so special. Maybe next year? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. I appreciate you sharing this with me. Hugs right back at you! Lynn

      Delete