Second Post of the Day
This is a Grammy brag post. Two of my grands got to do something incredibly cool that was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. And, since this blog also functions as my personal journal, I am recording the experience here because I want to remember it. (Not interested? There's a horsey post planned for tomorrow. Stay 'tooned!)
Cambria and Titan auditioned to sing in the world broadcast of the annual General Conference of our church. A children's choir was going to provide the music for the Saturday afternoon session. Only 380 children would be chosen, and 2,800+ kids auditioned.
Both Cambria and Titan were selected to sing.
And, lucky kids, they were accompanied by the Tabernacle Choir's fabulous pipe organ - the tenth largest pipe organ in the world.
I may be their Grammy, but I am also a classically trained soprano who knows good music when she hears it. And this children's choir was outstanding. One of the best I've ever heard.
My favorite of the four songs that they sang is below. Go to 30:30 to hear it. (It should begin there automatically; fingers crossed. If not, use the scroll bar.)
At the Feast this year, I was very cognizant of the multiple generations of Feasters there were in my family and how much that meant to me and connected me to my family. Something similar happens with vocal performance.
My Grandmother Honeywell used to sing on the radio, and my mother was a classically trained soprano. I, too, am a soprano with a Minor in Music and a Masters, too.
Mountain Mama Jessica sang in a lot of operas with me as a teen, then branched out into musicals. (And she is still performing.) Her children, Cambria and Titan are continuing that family tradition of vocal performance. That's five generations of my family deeply involved in music over the years. Five!
Well done, Cambria and Titan! Your music was lovely, and Gethsemane brought me to tears. I've watched it many times since Saturday, and it still makes me cry. I'm so proud of you and hope you keep sharing your beautiful voices with others.
xoxy
Grammy







What a fantastic experience for everyone ! Well done (but of course it's in the genes my friend 💕)
ReplyDeleteThey will always remember the experience! So wonderful to have a good recording to keep. Cherrilyn Worthen was a former music student of my husband's who worked with the choir years ago. Not sure where she works now.
ReplyDelete