Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Vintage Club Drifter has Arrived

First Post of the Day

The third offering in the Vintage Club has arrived, gambler's choice Drifter.


He arrived before my Christmas in July order despite having been ordered several days later. Word on social media is that the CCG warehouse is backed up again. 

While Appaloosa is my favorite color, I'd really liked the grulla iteration of the piece.


The box had a gold sticker that said I was getting the Appaloosa


and that was correct.


I have never been a fan of the Stock Horse Stallion and do not have any in my collection. But Drifter has changed my mind. 


I really like him and am pleased to have gotten the Appaloosa variation.


Lovely eyes, too. (And ones I could see without glasses, a magnifying glass, or enlarging photos! LOL)


The Stock Horse Family were iconic when they were introduced in the 1980s and they still have their fans today. I have no plans to begin conga-ing the Stallion mold, but I do think he is nice and am happy to have him on my shelves.

Don't forget the August give away!  The winner will receive a copy of Walk with Me, the book with several chapters about Pepper's Seeing Eye career in it!


Comment on any or all blog posts published from Tuesday, 8/4 through Friday, 8/7, 11:59 PM to enter.

Stay 'tooned - a second blog post is coming. 


3 comments:

  1. The SHS was a favorite of my carpet herd. Drifter is a pretty nice upgrade. Glad you received the appy you hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a SHS in buckskin (my favorite color) but that grullo looks very nice on him. I always preferred models with action and movement over those just standing still. This guy has such a peaceful, steady walk you can see him heading out for a long day with the cows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind and complimentary to a mold I've usually heard naught but complaints about. I'm so glad you got the one you wanted. To me he is the most striking of the three.

    ReplyDelete