Friday, April 24, 2026

An Cool Auction Find

A few years ago, Marilou Mol and Linda Shawhan teamed up together to sell Reta Muellemann's  collection after she had passed away. They are two well known ladies who are trustworthy and describe the auction pieces and any flaws they might have very well.

While I'm not sure they are actually doing this as a business together, they now are selling models from other collections and have become an excellent resource if you are looking to buy a well presented and curated model horse. (Or a few more. Ahem!!)

Twice a week they post assortments of models that they are selling for other people. One auction ends Thursday nights, the other ends Sunday nights. I look at both auctions every week, and have bid on several pieces, especially for the Thursday auctions. 

Last week, this Schleich Falabella pony popped up.


I wasn't particularly interested in it, but it had two auction buddies that I very much was.


Talk about doing a double take when that photo popped up!


They looked like the Hartland Mustang that had been shrunk down into Tiny Mite size.


I already have a sample of every Hartland Tiny Mite mold in my collection


and so I knew these were copies, not Hartlands. (Which is how they were advertised, too. As copies.)


Still, for only $5 for the trio, I placed a bid and won.

I find copies intriguing and have others that I have snagged while out thrifting.


Like this Durham Metal Hagen Renaker Morgan Stallion copy that is a pencil sharpener.


It's actually quite lovely and I keep it on my office desk and use it whenever a pencil is dull.


This knock off Hartland pair will go on the shelf with my Hartland Tiny Mites. Despite being copies, they are a bit of hobby history and are a fun addition to my collection.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how unusual. I’d love to know the history of how that Hartland ended up in the “shrink-ray!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small collection of Tiny Mites and I would have done the same. The Falabella makes a nice token for one of your grands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen this particular steal. That is such an unusual, iconic and difficult model to copy. Indeed they must have stories; it's a pity they can't talk.

    ReplyDelete