Saturday, September 19, 2026

A Little Feast Drama

Second Post of the Day

Thursday, my day of two good/two not so good things had another good thing happen that I forgot to mention.

I received my official confirmation that I had been accepted as a 2026 Feast participant!



There was some bad news, too, but I was already aware of it. In fact, I had even met with Brooke, the Feast coordinator, to share my concerns and see if there was a possible work around for me.

I can't sell maple cakes at the Feast.

The clause below about prohibited sales items which has always been in the Feast application but has never included maple cakes, now does.




Brooke shared some of the reasons behind the change with me. Some made sense and were reasonable. But banning everyone for problems caused by the sales of a few doesn't seem right. 

I shared with Brooke that I had already taken orders from past customers who come to my booth for them every year. (Remember the woman who bought a bunch for her grandkids' Christmas stockings only to find her husband had gotten into them? She's one I was thinking of.)

Brooke agreed to let me fulfill those orders but asked that I be very discreet about it and to not advertise that I have maple cakes. I appreciate that bit of grace.

Maple cakes are a big seller for me. I usually sell 400 - 500 at the Feast. But, they are not huge money-makers so my bottom line won't be hurt too badly.

They DO bring in a lot of business, though. Many people see that I have them, stop by, and then wander through my tent, finding other things to purchase. And now I am losing that incentive.


I hope that this is a temporary ban and only applicable to this year. I will be monitoring what other vendors who have sold maple cakes in the past are selling this year. If they are still selling them and there are no consequences from Feast officials, then I will bring it up with Brooke again.

I am a rule follower and will follow the rules. But if those rules are broken and the consequences listed in the Feast application are not applied, then that is unfair and not right.

 Just a little drama as the 2026 Feast of the Hunters' Moon approaches.


No comments:

Post a Comment