Monday, April 9, 2012

In the Tack Trunk!

As I contemplate possibly getting a horse again, I thought I ought to see just what I have left from past horse ownerships, just in case I do take the plunge. So, Saturday I pulled out my tack trunk from its place in the garage, opened it, and was whisked back through time.


The sight that met my eyes as I lifted the lid:

All my western and english things, plus Cee's show halter and a bag of ribbons I'd won.
 Indy's stall nameplate, a western bridle, an english girth, and some grooming tools.
 My english bridle with the egg butt snaffle bit.
 A western show blanket and my cowgirl hat.
 The bridle (or pieces of what is left) of Oh Boy's bridle. (Oh Boy was a circus pony that my grandfather bought on a whim for my dad over 70 years ago.)
 A close up of a decorative browband piece on Oh Boy's bridle.

I was actually surprised at what I found was in there as well as what wasn't there. (Hoof pick? Where's my hoof pick??) But, I have a good start.... IF I choose to get a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment