Saturday, November 10, 2012

Diablo in Pain

It was difficult to watch Diablo this evening. She's having another one of her episodes with pain and could barely walk. I have never seen her so bad.
 I watched her move slowly down the lane, pausing for long periods of time, holding a hoof up, then shifting her weight and lifting another to take the pressure off it.
 This pain comes and goes with Diablo. We don't know what triggers it. At least she is up; once early this summer she went down. Tim's instructions to me were to get her up if I could and to then call him.

I called him tonight to let him know how bad off she was. He's worried about the coming winter and how that is going to affect her. Bute is only a temporary fix and doesn't cure the underlying problem. It may be time to do the caring thing and euthanize her.

Sweet Diablo. I have gown very fond of her, but I don't wish her this terrible pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment