The herd was way out in the west pasture, and since my own car (with my basket of treats in the trunk) is in the shop, I didn't have any sweets to entice them to come up. But that was okay - I didn't mind hiking out to see them. And, I especially wanted to observe Diablo and see how she was moving and if she continued to be tender.
I walked out to the the wooden paddock and saw this:
One of the top rails on the enclosure had been knocked down.
The boards are new - obviously Tim has repaired the fence recently.
It's not a critical fence, just one that sets the paddock aside from the pasture, but there were wood screws sticking out of both ends of the downed rail, and those could harm the horses. So, I hefted the rail and worked to see if I could repair the fence.
Not too bad!
I shoved the screws into their holes and then tied one end with some baling twine that was on the ground. It won't take much for a horse to knock it off again, but it should hold until Tim returns later this week and gets a chance to repair it.



No comments:
Post a Comment