If you've had a long or tough day, or someone has been unkind to you, you're blue, or whatever, being around a horse will make things better.
Today, my good friend and fellow teacher, Kim, came out to see Abby and get some horse therapy.
Kim is a former horse owner. She's also battling breast cancer. So, when I heard she'd bought herself some bright pink cowgirl boots to wear during her fight, I invited her to come put a horse with those boots.
Today was the day.
We spent about an hour just handing out carrots, petting the horses, and touring the barn. Oh, and gabbing, too. Nonstop.
After cleaning up, Kim and I went to Camille's for lunch where we chatted another THREE hours. Later she texted me and said that it had felt good to remember how relaxed horses make us feel.
I hope she comes out again any time she needs a little horse therapy.


No comments:
Post a Comment