While on our evening carrot run, Lisa began rubbing Abby's shoulder, and Abby immediately began relaxing. In the photo above she has flicked an ear back and her head is lowering as she enjoys Lisa's attention.
She begins leaning into the rubbing. Both ears are now relaxed.
Eyes are closing and the lower lip is beginning to dangle. (You know a horse is relaxed when that lip hangs!)
Now a throatlatch rub. Abby lifts her head so Lisa has better access to those itchy spots. I love those ears - she is enjoying Lisa's attention so much!Moving to the chest. Abby cocks her head and her eyes are just about closed. You can see that she is leaning into Lisa, too.
She even rests her head and neck on Lisa as Lisa leans down to get even lower. This is one relaxed and happy mare.
I don't have pictures of it, but after Lisa finished rubbing down my girl, Abby turned and ambled over to me, walking just a bit past me, then stopping and turning so her backside was within reach. She wanted me to rub her tail and hips! She does this occasionally, standing there with her ears down, her eyes half closed, and one leg cocked in sleep position, inviting me to give her a good rubbing. It always makes me smile when she does this.
I have said it before, but I will do so again. I am so glad I was able to buy Abby. I love her so, so much.






No comments:
Post a Comment