Oh Boy!
My dad's pony. According to my father, Oh Boy was a circus pony and my grandfather bought him from the circus for my father when they came to town. Dad was so thrilled when he saw his new pony that he cried, "Oh, boy!" in excitement, and that became the pony's name. I know nothing else about him, although I do have a few worn leather pieces from his bridle tucked away in my tack trunk. This includes a browband embellishment with a capital "S" on it.
Robert C. Martin, my grandfather, and purchaser of Oh Boy.
(Photo taken in Terre Haute, Indiana, by my father. Year unknown (1940s?)
I also found some pictures of Craig on his Uncle Marty's farm in Frankfort, Indiana. Believe it or not, Craig's on a pony!
Marty Pearcy and Craig, 1960.
Marty Pearcy, Craig, and Jeff McDonald (Craig's cousin), 1960.
An interesting bit of trivia is that the Frankfort branch of the Church built on property just west of the Pearcy farm.




No comments:
Post a Comment