This morning I was running errands and it was such a lovely morning (the air conditioner in the house is off and the windows are open) I decided to pop out to the barn and hand out the carrots early.
Time of day doesn't matter to the herd - if you call them, they come running!
The boys led the way - I'll refrain from making any wisecracks about men, boys, and food.
And, they will be chased off as soon as the girls arrive, so if they want a treat, they have to beat the girls up. But, I don't give them treats. Trouble gets very pushy, and Hokey was getting insistent, so I quit giving them hand outs.None of the mares have had any problem handling munchies, so they get them if they come up.
Here they come, with Abby and Diablo in the lead.
The geldings give ground as Diablo and Abby arrive at the gate.
Abby, you are so beautiful!
I just happened to catch some pictures of her in profile.
When I brought her to the farm the day I got her, Tim was surprised at her quality. "She's not quite what I was expecting from a rescue horse," he said.He's right - she's really got good conformation and color. I suspect she has registration papers, but my inquiries to The Appalosa Horse Club have been fruitless. Unless I DNA test her, she cannot have any papers.
But that's okay. I can enjoy her with or without papers, and will always be thankful that she came into my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment