Sure enough, Hokey and Diablo were back in the west pasture again! But Sultana was where she belonged, thank goodness. I think I know how the chain on the gate broke yesterday - she rammed the gate hard enough to do so. I saw her run into it today. It happened shortly after all the horses' heads snapped up and every one of them froze.
Sultana and Trouble
Out of the underbrush emerged one of the largest dogs I have ever seen, and it was loose.
His head was massive, and I felt uneasy and afraid myself. The dog pushed through the brush along the fencerow, making more noise and causing continued chaos among the horses. As the dog got closer, he paused, and eyed me for what seemed like an eternity. I turned and quickly hustled toward the safety of the barn.
A man at the grain elevator realized the dog was bothering the horses and called him to heel, then shouted an apology to me across the field.
While I am not happy to have a dog bothering the horses, especially one that large, at least now I have an idea of how Tanna got in with the other horses yesterday.
Now, if I could just figure out Diablo and Hokey's trick for getting into the west pasture...
No comments:
Post a Comment