I came home Monday from the hospital after having my spine partially fused, and was anxious to do two things as soon as possible: go see my mother, and get out to the barn. I visited Mom at University Place Wednesday, but just did not have the energy afterward to head to the barn and so Craig took me home.
Yesterday was a different story. We went to University Place so I could check on Mom, and then Craig drove me to the barn. I am under restrictions for bending, lifting, pulling and pushing for four weeks, so Craig had to slide the door to the old barn open for me.
As that door creaked open so I could step through it, I heard a nicker in greeting - my girl was happy to see me.
I love how the barn swallows are flitting around and scolding me a bit!
Abby is not only the "lickingest" horse I have ever known, she is also the drooliest. It's red clover season, and that means there is a gusher whenever she opens her mouth. I played it safe by kissing her on the cheek instead of on her muzzle as I normally do.
Because I was very tired and feeling sore, I did not stay very long. But a "little bit of horse" goes a long way, and I came home and went back to bed for a long nap feeling happy and content.
(And big kudos to Craig for adding barn duty to all the things he is doing for me as I go through recovery!)
Lynn, I have been overwhelmed with family stuff of my own, but I wanted to let you know that you and your family (Abby, included) have been in my thoughts. I am so glad to see your recovery. Horse therapy is the best. Lots of love! ~Jennifer
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! With all you have on your plate right now, I am touched that you took the time to message me. That means a lot. I am sending lots of good wishes your way, too. Being able to be with parents in their time of need is very, very meaningful to all. I hope things get brighter for you all. Love, Lynn
ReplyDelete