Yesterday I went to the Stone Country Fair Show up in Shipshewana. Despite it being held in my home state of Indiana and only two hours away, I'd never gone due to a couple of factors: May is a hectic month for teachers and I don't really collect Stones. But two weeks ago I realized that my school responsibilities were in good shape, and since there was a division for Breyers (which I do collect), I decided to go.
It was a well organized and fun show held in a spacious show hall with great lighting.
Randy, one of the Stone employees, took this photo of me with my long time hobby friend, Pat Reed.
Another view of my show table.
This woman showed exclusively in performance and she had some fabulous entries!
A view from the back of the show hall.
I had to laugh at how Stone had labeled this tub!
Stone had lots of models for sale at the front of the show hall.One of the reasons I don't have many Stones is because their cost is so high. They are beautiful models, but I just cannot see spending several hundred dollars for a plastic horse, drool worthy though it may be.
My Gigabyte (with the orange card) in the QH Stallions class.
My first win of the day was having the oldest Stone model at the show. This is the drafter from the 1997 Equilocity. I won all those raffle tickets.
The theme of the show was "Derby Daze" and Pat entered the Derby hat contest and won! Her prize was this beautiful decorator model with galloping race horses.
My only halter win was for my Kilobyte. There were three Kilobytes in the Stock Foals class, and mine was the only one that placed. (Ribbons only went to third place - I felt that, at a show of this caliber, they should go to 5th or 6th like other shows do.)
The collectors classes were at the end of the show, and I had thirteen models entered in those.
There were nine pieces in the Breyer woodgrain class.
My no-muscle Clydesdale, 5 Gaiter with tenite sticker, and Shetland Pony were three of those nine entries.
At this point, things became very hectic. In an effort to speed up the show, they set up another table and began calling classes for which I also had entries. I have no more show photos, but I did win some ribbons and NAN cards
Stay tuned - I'll take photos of those models and put them up in a day or two!

No comments:
Post a Comment