Thursday, September 21, 2017

Addie - A Horsey Girl Like Me

Addie seems to have that horsey gene that so many young girls get. She was thrilled to get out to the barn twice during her week with me and then to Prophetstown to see the horses there. A trip to Columbian Park Zoo to see the miniature horses made it so that she was with equines four of those days!

(Which meant that so was her Grammy who also was happy to be with horses all those times.)
This is so reminiscent of me as a child - I was always right there with the horse whenever I could be.
 I'd given Tim a heads up that she was really horsey, so he let her help him saddle Diablo.
 And, she got the first ride!
 As well as the longest.
Addie was in her element and it was a thrill for me to watch her. I kept seeing myself and remembered my own pining at that age to have a horse of my own. It was a thrill for me to give her an opportunity to be around horses.
 Call me one happy Grammy!


No comments:

Post a Comment