Tuesday, February 6, 2018

So Near, Yet So Far

Sometimes you make your best effort and visiting your pony still doesn't work! The snow and ice had recently melted so the lanes have been clear enough for me to drive back to visit Abby, so eagerly I hopped in the car late Saturday afternoon and drove out to see her.
 But when I got there, she was so near and yet so far!

Tim had reconfigured some of the fencing in order to protect the turf, and so I had a couple of fences to duck under and several smaller fields to walk through to get to her.

Which really should not have been bad except that I had just had some injections into my hip joints - they're painful shots to get and I am sore and a bit wobbly afterwards for a while. I simply was not up to squeezing through fence posts and trudging through the mud and uneven ground to get to her.
I could see her through the door of the old barn, across the paddock, and into the fields, and she was certainly watching me and hoping I would come out to her, but it was just more than I could do that afternoon.

A bit disappointed, I reminded myself that at least I had had a visual peek at her, and could certainly smell that lovely horsey and barn aroma while there. I finally got back into my car and headed home, carrots still in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment