Thursday, December 7, 2023

The Return of Purdue's Buddy the Elf

Last year, Purdue Head Basketball Coach Matt Painter and player Caleb Furst did a hilarious series of Elf parodies to promote an annual food drive for Lafayette and West Lafayette. (Go here to see a compilation of last year's videos.) 

Those proved so popular that the two have reprised their roles for another go-round of Buddy the Elf and his Dad. They're short and worth the watch even if you aren't a Purdue fan.


1) Really? This Again, Caleb?

https://twitter.com/BoilerBall/status/1729891137240879303?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Note: Mike Bobinski is Purdue's Athletic Director and was featured in a clip last year.


2) How'd You Get This Number?

The second one is even funnier in my opinion. This is a Facebook link and you may not be able to see it if you don't have a Facebook account. There's another link to all three videos at the end of this blog entry that should be accessible to everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/BoilerBall/posts/769089015026943

Note: The Boilermaker Special is a small train that is one of Purdue's mascots. Used at athletic and other events, it can often be seen tootling around campus and town. Rides are free and yep, I've ridden in it.


The public can also rent it and have it drop by for parties if it is not already in use on campus. Since we have coaches and athletic staff residing in our neighborhood, it is not unusual to hear the Boilermaker Special's whistle and have it go chugging past our home filled with waving neighbors.


3) You're an Angry Elf




Craig and I are enjoying the Purdue Elf series so much that last night we sat down after dinner and watched the movie. We were both impressed to see how well Caleb Furst imitates Buddy the Elf. Coach Painter's not too bad, either!

Can't see the videos? Go to Purdue basketball's Instagram link and scroll down to find them. I was able to find and watch all three without being a follower of that account.


December 7 Advent Calendar Reveal


A sweet foal that is attempting to stand up.

 
And it is painted as a roan - I can only imagine how tedious that was to produce!


It's a charming addition to the winter scene that's slowly being created.


Don't forget the Give Away! Enter by commenting on any blog entry posted Tuesday, December 5 through Friday, December 8. Entries close at 11:59 PM Friday night.




4 comments:

  1. I got husband a Lego advent calendar. So far he has leftover pieces on three of the items. Yours is much easier!
    Betsy in WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your Advent calendar reveals. We’ve got a few going in our house, they’re so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and silly fund-raiser. I'm sure it is more effective than a serious one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you writing about Buddy the Elf (fundraiser) last year and I loved it. Great that they brought back such an enjoyable event this year.

    ReplyDelete