Friday, February 27, 2026

Waiting Woes

I am still waiting to receive my replacement Vintage Club Sentinel and Echo.

At this point I am feeling discouraged - the wait has been so long; will I be receiving a set that someone else returned? At this late in the release of the set, I think that is very possible.

Frustrated at the wait, I drew up a timeline yesterday to see if it really had been as long as it felt, or if I was just being impatient.

It's been as long as I thought.

January 29  Sentinel and Echo were released to Vintage Club members for ordering. I ordered within an hour of that announcement. 

February 6  My set arrived.


Echo was fine,


but Sentinel's front leg was snapped off.

February 6  That same day, I contacted Breyer, was asked to send photos of the break, and was then sent a return ticket.

February 7  I packed up Sentinel and Echo, went to the local shipping store, and sent them back to Breyer. 

February 12  Breyer notified me that the box had been received by them and sent me a shipping notice for my replacement set.



I was surprised but excited to see that Breyer would be shipping my replacement set by Next Day Air!

Except... they didn't.


The warehouse didn't ship it at all.

I began a days long wait, checking tracking several times a day, but the delivery status never changed. Breyer's warehouse had never shipped that box.

February 18  After waiting six days, I finally emailed Breyer, asking for them to check into why my box had not been shipped. I received no response. 

February 20  I again contacted Breyer but this time I heard back. It was the same woman who had helped me with the original return, and she expressed surprise that my box had not been sent out. Within ten minutes I had another email from her saying that a new shipment of Sentinel and Echo was now scheduled to be shipped on Monday, February 22.

February 22 Except, that it didn't.

February 23  It didn't ship the next day, either.

February 24  At last! I received a notice that my box was on the way with an estimated delivery of Friday, February 27.

Needless to say, I have been tracking that package carefully.

February 27  This morning's tracking looked promising, except for that tiny text that my package would be delivered by USPS. 


I clicked the tracking note for that delivery.



The box was in Lafayette at 5:36 AM and still had to be sent over to the West Lafayette post office.

Which means it is highly unlikely that I will get my models today. 

Am I frustrated? Yes. But there are bigger problems to have than this.

I will get my package soon and look forward to finding out which foal is in this box. The Scratching Foal like the one that was with the broken Sentinel,
or the Running Foal, which was actually my first choice, at least until I had the Scratching Foal in hand, and I really thought it was nice.

Either way, I will be happy.

My wait is almost over. I hope.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry this is happening to you. Waiting is difficult under the best circumstances but to be told something was shipped when it wasn't (twice) is truly distressing.
    Breyer, CCG and UPS need to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why Breyer hasn't fired CCG yet. Breaks happen when models aren't double boxed and yet you lose the free shipping when you order a ride-along for a SM club model. And if you do manage a multi-order, everything is just tossed in a box with a single piece of paper, held closed with a single piece of tape, and just begging to get crushed. Tiny items like pins can easily escape because they are not combined into a larger package. Sigh.
    I do like that color on the foals, though. I hope you get a nice one.

    ReplyDelete