Monday, June 29, 2026

Two Years Have Passed

First Post of the Day

 It was two years ago today that I wrote this:

With a broken heart, I want to let you know that my sweet Abby was killed this morning by a lightning strike. Sadly, Two Socks was with her and also died. Sultanna is away being bred, but Hokey was present when it happened. He shows no physical injuries but he is very shaken and spooked and does not want to leave the old barn. 

I am devastated at Abby's passing as is Tim at the loss of sweet and oh, so young Two Socks.

I will write more when I am able to. 

Lynn

Her loss is still devastating, and I miss my girl every single day. 

I will always grieve for her, but enough time has passed that I can also focus more on the good times that we had together than the way that she died. So, so many good times.


Rest easy, Abby. I love and miss you, but I will see you again.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, has it been two years already? I am glad you have been able to come to terms with it and are able to focus on the good memories. What a shocking way to lose a horse friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, bassgirl. It was shocking, but at least it was quick and she did not suffer.

      Delete