Sultanna has returned from having been off to be bred, and resumed her place in the herd as the lowest in herd order. She still follows Abby everywhere and most of the time Abby tolerates her younger shadow.
The tree along the lane to the new barn that was damaged in the May storms has given up the ghost and died despite Tim's best efforts to replant it and stabilize it.
Like this fat toad that I discovered in the new barn. I'd never have noticed him if he hadn't moved when I stepped near the rack of shovels.
We had a pair of red tailed hawks nest near the old barn; clearly they are still around even though their babies have fledged.
We are having lots of those cloudless summer days where the sky is an intense, beautiful blue. (I'm going to look at this photo again when it is -10 below and snowy. Brrr!)
Despite the heat, the pastures and hay field continue to grow and do well.
Barn life is the best!








No comments:
Post a Comment