Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Heaping Helping of Horses

Mary Poppins sang that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. I'd argue that a heaping helping of horses is even better!

Yesterday, I was tired and had worked late - a consequence of being gone all last week and visiting grandbabies. While my subs were top notch, there was still a lot of grading for me to do and then planning for this week, plus changing some bulletin boards. An order of supplies had come in, and other loose ends needed my attention... By late afternoon, I was dragging.

I debated going to the barn; all I really wanted to do was grab some dinner and fall into bed.  But, since I still had the tack I'd borrowed from Tim, and the snow had melted enough that I felt I could get up the lane to the new barn and tack room, I decided I'd better make a quick trip.

I am so glad I did.
Abby was glad to see me, and I, her. It was nippy and I was still in my school clothes, so I only stayed long enough to give her a couple of candy canes and a few pats.

Yet that was enough. That happy glow horse lovers feel whenever they've hung out with a horse came over me, and as I drove home, I smiled and realized that a heaping helping of horses had been just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment