But when I pulled up to the old barn, there were no whickers of greeting nor any horses to be seen. I checked the west pasture, but the herd was not there, either.
So, I got in my car and drove to the south side of the property and the new barn/indoor arena. Those pastures were empty, too. Had Tim put everyone inside the new barn for some reason? I went inside and checked the arena, but still no sign of the horses.
But, I could now hear them, that sound of snorting, munching, and interacting that horses do with each other.
Tim had put them in the little-used paddock behind the new barn. I called Abby's name, and she (along with Diablo, Hokey, Dolly, and Trouble) came ambling around the barn. (Abby broke into a trot when she saw me.)
May I please have a candy cane or some carrots?
(I think she looks like a teddy bear in this picture, she' so soft and fluffy looking!)

No comments:
Post a Comment