Snickerdoodle, Trouble, Sultanna, and Hokey.
The horses are currently out in the northwest pasture. It is L-shaped and the biggest, so sometimes I have to go out and find them.
Diablo, Sultanna, and Snickerdoodle.
Today I hadn't walked too far out before they they spotted me, and as soon as they did, they began heading in my direction. Since I am still wobbly post-op, I turned and began walking back to the gate. The ground is uneven in that area, and while I am very comfortable being surrounded by horses in a pasture, at the moment I don't think I could get out of the way should a tussle break out.
I looked back over my shoulder to see if they were still coming, and they had picked up the pace and were coming at me fast! Luckily I was close to the gate, a place where I felt more secure and less likely to fall. (My right leg had become very weak prior to surgery; I am still getting the strength and coordination back in it.)
I had an apple and some peppermints for Abbs tonight.
As usual, she licked my hand when she finished her treats. (I think she has the most beautiful eyes.)We visited a bit, and then she headed back out to rejoin her friends.
Teachers start back to school the day after tomorrow, and the students next Tuesday, so I don't have too many more free days.
All the more reason to enjoy a warm summer night with my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment