Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Generosity Exemplified - Jennifer Buxton

Jennifer Buxton is a well known hobbyist and my favorite blogger. Especially during the school year when my days are packed and exhausting, I love to sit down after I'm home from school and read her blog. She is an engaging writer and blogs about all things horsey, whether it is the horses she rides, the models she owns, or the tack she makes.

And her tack... Absolutely stunning. If you looked at a picture of something she has made, say an English saddle, and have nothing in the photo for scale, you would think it was made for a live horse. She is a true artisan and every piece she creates is of the highest quality.

Jennifer and I became cyber-friends several years ago, and finally got to meet a few weeks ago at BreyerFest. (Go here to read about that.)  I found the "real life" Jennifer every bit as nice and fun as she came across in her writings for her blog.
I was not wrong in that assessment. Yesterday, a box arrived addressed to me from Jennifer.
I was puzzled - I had not ordered anything from her, so why had she sent me something? And when I opened the box, my jaw dropped and then I gave a cry of joy (which Jennifer may have heard clear across the country at her home.)
 Sleigh bells!! With a working buckle!!

I have a love of sleigh bells, and even have a lovely set for Abby. (Which, I admit, that I keep in the house because I love them so much and like looking at them.) One of my very favorite horse books from my grade school years was this:
I read this book over and over when I was a girl, and I suspect that is one of the reasons I feel such an attachment to sleigh bells.

I keep mine (er, Abby's) hanging on my antique player piano and whenever our grandkids come over and ask to play a song, Jingle Bells it is, accompanied by much shaking of the sleigh bells! (Hey, doesn't everyone sing Jingle Bells year round??)
The ones from Jennifer are perched on top in front of the music roll - see them?

Here's a link to a video where Ian is learning the joys of Grammy's player piano and sleigh bells. 

Christmas, 2015. That's my son Curt, Ian's dad, dancing with him.
My Bright Zip is the most Abby-like of all my models, and I know that Jennifer is fond of Abby since she reminds her of Snickers, a horse she had in her life some years ago.

So, my mini-Abby gets to wear them. Don't they look nice?

Jennifer, thank you sooooooooo much for such a wonderful gift. I absolutely love them, and I am very touched by your generosity. And folks, if you want to read the best blog around, go here. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment