Summertime
Summertime, and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is fine.
Oh, your Daddy's rich, and your Ma is good lookin',
So, hush little baby, don't you cry.
There's a real lazy feel to the song, and it describes perfectly life for Abby and the herd at the barn right now.
It may be the end of July, but the pastures are lush and the horses are happy.
I wondered if Abby would come up when I called her. While I was out of town, my daughter, Lisa, checked on her, and Abby was too busy grazing to come up for a visit and treats.
Is that a contented face or what?
Once in a while, when life is clearly good for Abby, I think back on her abuse and what she endured before she was rescued. This girl deserves all the "summertimes" that are possible.



No comments:
Post a Comment