Thursday, March 28, 2019

Mortens Studio Dogs

Just as I don't collect bridle rosettes, or old classic books, or early teacher's pedagogy books (HAH!), I don't collect dogs. But... I have been know to purchase dogs when I come across them in my outings to look for HSOs. (Horse shaped objects.)

That's how I ended up bringing these two pretty Mortens Studio dogs home.
This is the Mortens Studio Collie. Like most Mortens, he has a little damage to an ear, the tip of his nose, and a little scuffing on his paws.
But when you consider his age and the material of which he's made, he is in terrific shape, especially for a Mortens Studio piece. These photos make him look lighter than he is.
It's actually nearly identical to the cat, which is why the cat my eye in the first place. I knew that color!
I am also lucky to have found this wonderful old Dalmatian.  He looks to me like he is yearning for someone to pet him.
Mortens came with stickers or with an ink stamp on the bottom like this one to identify them. 
His spots have been applied by hand and are quite randomly shaped and placed. He even has spots under his belly, too.
It is highly unusual to find a Mortens Studio piece as undamaged as this one is. He's a little dirty, but I don't dare wash him since I would be afraid that the water might destroy some of the plaster. I can live with the dirt.

Tomorrow I will share the Mortens Studio horses that are in my collection.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful dog. I would be unable to resist 'petting' some of his dirt with a gentle moist Qtip!

    ReplyDelete