When you are hosting one in your home, you suddenly look around and notice things you haven't noticed before - a ding on the wall from a grandchild, cobwebs in that hard to reach corner, windows that need washing, and on and on.
With Happy Trails fast approaching (this Saturday!) I've been in a frenzy of cleaning for over a week and now feel pretty good about how the inside of the house looks. Then I realized that the outside of the house could use a little TLC, too.
Especially my stepping stone garden that lines the walkway to the front door.
Those stepping stones are one of my favorite things, all having been made by our grandchildren and me. I make a footprint or handprint stone when a grandbaby is born, and other stones to commemorate events (like Hurricane Irma that hit our Florida family's home) or family gatherings. There are twenty-eight stones in the garden now, and about ten or twelve more that my grandchildren took home for their own gardens. (It's fun to visit and see their stones proudly displayed in their yards.)
Yeesh! What a mess!! And this is AFTER I weeded it Saturday.
This morning I pulled all the stepping stones out and and put down fresh mulch.
The plants are volunteer snapdragons that come up every year. I have to thin them all summer long - one year I did not and they took over the entire bed, obscuring all the stepping stones.
I am pleased with how much better the front of the house looks and am glad that I got the stepping stone garden all cleaned up before the show. Check that off on my to-do list!After BreyerFest we are heading down to Tennessee for a visit with our son Cole and his family, and I'll make Susie's baby stone while we are there. Then, later this summer I will make another for our newest granddaughter in Florida who is due to be born any moment.
In the meantime, Happy Trails is only five days away. Off to go work on swag bags!





You are brave ... I think I'd have to kill myself before trying to have a show in my home. I wouldn't survive the clean up process, LOL!
ReplyDeleteThe cleaning was tough, but it's done. Finally! :D
ReplyDelete