Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Show Prep: Readying the Party Signing Model

Last year for Happy Trails I, I spray painted a vintage black Appaloosa Running Stallion in metallic foil copper and asked everyone to sign him as a memento of the show.
 I signed him myself first
and dated him
and then asked everyone who had come to take a moment sometime during the day and add their signature or message.
He now stands with pride on the shelf with my other Running Stallions. (It's a great way to use an older model who has scuffs and dings - new life as a show memento! And in a glitzy, sparkly color, too!)

This year I wanted a Running Mare for the party signing model, but I did not have much luck finding one. (Well, I found plenty, but all of them were in good enough condition that I did not feel good about spray painting them.)

So I expanded my search, still looking for a vintage mare mold that was suitable to use.
(photo from eBay auction)
 I found this scuffed up Family Arabian Mare on eBay
(photo from eBay auction)
for a reasonable price and in bad enough condition that I had no qualms about repainting her.
 Several coats of spray paint on a nice sunny day
 And she's ready to be signed!

Another thing checked off my to-do list as I get ready for Happy Trails.






1 comment:

  1. This is making me wish I could attend. Alas I'm traveled out and need to stay home for a while - ! Will enjoy from afar.

    ReplyDelete