My pancreatic surgery was scheduled for today but it has been delayed. I became ill with an upper respiratory infection that was bad enough to need an antibiotic, and the surgeon wants me as healthy as possible going into surgery. So I have to reschedule.
I understand his reasoning and agree with it. But that doesn't mean that I am not disappointed. I've had a rigorous prep of vitamins, probiotics, exercise, breathing exercises, and other things all intended to make my body as ready to go as possible, and that simple upper respiratory infection derailed the entire process.
The good news is that the surgeon feels that the possibly cancerous nodule that's inside the mass on my pancreas is not a threat that needs immediate action. That is very reassuring. But still, I cried when they gave me the news that the surgery would be postponed.
So now I become a hermit - I am staying out of public places in order to avoid catching something else. No church, no grocery, no running to Target or Meijer - just staying home and away from people so that I remain healthy and can have the surgery done. (I can go to the barn - yes!)
On a happier note, I got my BreyerFest Banner. It's a wonderful story about a hobbyist's generosity, and I will share it tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment