Thursday, August 1, 2019

Heather's Generosity

If you are lucky enough to know hobbyist Heather McCurdy, then you know that she is a kind and generous lady.
Nancy Falzone and Heather McCurdy at the April 2019 GLC show. (Photo by Nancy Kelly.)

Last April she surprised me with a gift that she'd found while out antiquing. (Read about that here.) But she had another surprise for me this month.

Because Heather was judging one of the live shows at BreyerFest on Friday, she had a conflict with her tent ticket time. She had texted me and asked if I might be able to trade tent tickets with her. So, on Thursday after I arrived at the Clarion, I went down to the hall where the Breakables show was being held (she was judging that show, too!) and waited for her to have a free moment. We swapped out our tickets along with a quick hug and catch-up chat.

Heather was aware of my upcoming surgery. She also knew that I'd hoped to get a Banner, and after BreyerFest was over, texted me to see what I had gotten with my tent ticket. I explained that I had not gotten Banner but was happy with my purchases.
 Heather then offered to sell me the Banner that she had gotten for herself.
She texted, "Figure you need him to keep you company after your surgery. You need him more than I do. I'm glad he'll be there to help you recover."

Banners are in short supply and very sought after. Not only did Heather give up the one she'd bought for herself, but she offered it to me at a very reasonable price - she could have made a lot more money selling it on eBay or MH$P.

Banner is going to be on my bedside table after I get home from the hospital. He will indeed be my surgery recovery buddy. But his name isn't Banner anymore.

It's "Heather's Generosity."

Thanks, Heather. I love this piece; even better, he is a wonderful reminder of a dear friend and her kindness.




3 comments: