Sunday, March 15, 2020

Snowfall in March

The first day of spring may be getting closer and closer, but it is still winter in Indiana. Today we had another snowstorm barrel through leaving behind a heavy, wet snow. 
Fortunately, the temperature was in the high 30s, so while the snow was falling and sticking to the fields, it was melting on the roads.
I had no hesitations about attempting the drive up to the new barn - even though the lane was snow covered, I was able to drive right on up.
 Tim was also at the barn, but he was out in the west pasture hauling up some hay with the tractor.
 Abby loves to roll in the mud; she was filthy!
 Sultana's foal is due in May and she is starting to look like it.
Trouble and Hokey together by the gate - none of the herd took shelter from the snow despite the fact that they have three places that they can go to get out of the weather.
 The horses at the neighboring farm were out, too. 
 And at the farm further down the access lane they were out as well.
Their barn matches their house and hay barn, although I didn't get photos of those.
Sultanna, Diablo, and Abby.

I gave Abby her peppermints, but I didn't go in with her or stay too long for our visit. It was just too muddy and with the heavy snowfall, I was getting soaked and cold.

Here's hoping that this is the last snow of the season!



1 comment:

  1. You may have got your wish. It's hardly snowed since! Thanks for documenting the white stuff while it was around.

    ReplyDelete