A view of two of those horse properties. The pastures in the middle and on the left are Tim's, but the homes and barns in the background are two of the other farms.
When I drive down the lane to the new barn, I often see the other horses out at pasture or even being worked in an outdoor arena that is next to the lane.
Teacher Daughter Lisa has two students, twins, who live on one of those farms. They like to visit Abby knowing that she belongs to their teacher's mother.
And sometimes they even decorate their schoolwork with drawings of Abby. Reminds me of how I drew horses all over my work when I was a young girl!) Lisa will take a photo of their doodling and send it to me knowing that it makes me smile.
I don't know their names (I really should ask Teacher Daughter to ask the girls) so I call this one Black Diamond. I think he's cute even with mud and a winter coat!
Two goats live with the horses. I am not a goat girl but I snapped their picture anyway.
I call this one Casper (as in, Casper the Friendly Ghost.) I have had two white horses, Indy and St. Nick, and I remember how muddy looking they could get.
There is a snowstorm coming through tonight and tomorrow that is supposed to also bring us some ice. I don't drive on ice, so I may not be able to visit the herd for a day or two. Good thing Tim is back in town!



No comments:
Post a Comment