Monday, September 1, 2025

Happy Fall!

First Post of the Day

Those who have been reading the blog awhile know that I follow meteorological seasons (January 1, Winter begins; March 1, Spring begins; June 1, Summer begins, and September 1, Fall begins.)

This morning I have a pumpkin candle lit here on my desk and it is sending the smell of Fall into my office. Today I plan to switch out my Summer door mat and wreath at the front door for ones for Fall. I will also change the pillows on the park bench for ones celebrating the new season.

This is my favorite time of the year, and bow howdy, it sure feels like Fall here in western Indiana. False Fall continues and I am wearing sweaters and even put an extra blanket on the bed last night!


One of the old apple trees up where the farmhouse used to be has dropped its apples. Tim went around and picked most of them up - otherwise the horses would stand under that tree and gorge themselves. There's a bucket of them near one of the gates and I offer each horse a couple when I check the barn.


I love the early Fall sounds in this video from yesterday - the crickets, the breeze, the sound of the horses' legs swishing through the grass...


After nibbling on the apples, they ambled down to the trough and drank some fresh water. 


What is it about those sounds of horses out to pasture? It makes me feel relaxed and peaceful inside, and as though I could stand outside with them all day. Maybe I just will!

Happy Fall, ya'll!




1 comment: