Travis Horton, a friend from Church, hauled for us, and took us to Horizon Vet in Delphi for a vet check (both horse and pony passed; we learned Abby throws her head when she does not like something - she bent a needle doing so) and then dropped Cocoa off at Leslie's and Abby off at her new home, Tim Gibb's ranch in West Lafayette.
Abby was quite calm; no milling around while on the lead rope, no mad dash for freedom when I turned her loose. She just walked off, looked at her surroundings, and then began grazing.
I admit I got bit teary as I looked at her. She is SO like Amy.
Tim Gibb's mammoth Quarter Horse, Trouble, was the first of his herd that we introduced to Abby. Trouble was anxious to get to know her but she made it very clear that he had to be friends on HER terms and not his. She has a gorgeous, floaty trot.
Travis, Tim, and I hung out with Abby and Trouble for about a half hour to make sure things were good, but truly, Abby and Trouble were doing fine and did not need monitoring.
I breezed home on cloud nine, feeling very humbled at the blessing of having a horse in my life again. And then I took a shower and napped for a couple hours. Needless to say, the previous night I did not sleep much (well, it WAS sort of like Christmas Eve!) and ended up taking a two hour nap!
Double bonus of the day? As we were hauling the horses, I got a text from Kyle. Ashley was in labor! At 8:32 AM, Corinne joined that family weighing 9 lbs. 14 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long.
New grandbaby, new horse... what a wonderful day it was!



No comments:
Post a Comment