Yesterday Craig and I drove past the place where I purchased Amy in 1970. I quickly whipped out my phone and grabbed some snaps as we went by.
The area has changed quite a bit - it's about 20 acres on a sweeping bend of Indiana 25 with the Wea Creek curving back behind the property. At the time there were four or five modest ranch homes, each with its own little barn and some fenced in pasture.
A couple of the little barns remain, but the place no longer seems to have horses like it used to. (We also bought our cob, Pokey, at this place a few years after I got Amy.)
I rarely travel out that way, but when I do, I always look for "Amy's spot" and smile. She was my "horse of a lifetime" and so many fond memories are wrapped around her.
This sassy miss is a wonderful reminder of her....
... and beloved in her own right, too.



No comments:
Post a Comment