Wednesday, July 5, 2017

My BreyerFest Prep

I am a minimalist when it comes to preparing for BreyerFest. At least this year. I'm not showing or taking any seminars, NAN is not being held, and my sisters are coming with me. (One is horsey but not a collector, the other is neither.)

Aside from clothes, snacks, and sunscreen, this is all I have had to prepare.
A mini misting fan, a map of the CHIN, single day tickets for Friday and the evening show at the horse park, a parking pass, a printout of our motel reservation, and my info for the Collectors Club tent.

Not much! And the tickets were free from Pat Reed - when we spoke at the Stone Country Fair and she learned that I was going for just a day, she offered to send me three wrist bands that she had as extras. She added in the tickets to the show as a surprise.

It's been fun reading what people are doing as they get ready for the biggest event in the model horse hobby world. People are painting and prepping models, making tack, packing sales items, preparing for the shows, and talking, talking, talking on social media. There's a buzz of excitement, and it's fun to be a part of it.

I'm not jaded or anything about BreyerFest; in fact, I am very excited to be going. But I have been many times, and for me, the fun is more about seeing old friends, shopping for a special model or two, and just being around the horses in the horse park. I guess I am a "quiet" BreyerFester. (Hah!)

Everything else is just the cherry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment