Since we moved back to Indiana in 2006, our Fall Friday nights have been spent at football games and watching Craig's high school play. This year is different. For us, football begins on Thursday and extends to Monday nights.
Thursday Night Lights
Late Thursday afternoons are spent watching Ian play for his middle school team. He plays defense and has made some good plays for his team.
Since the roster was handed out publicly to hundreds of people at the game, I probably don't need to cover up the kids' names, but I'm still cautious. Since I had that scammer a few days ago I feel less inclined to put things online in a public format. Especially kids' names.
It was 90 degrees and despite a lovely woods on the far side of the stadium, we faced directly into the sun. We were hot, the players were hot, the cheer squad was hot.
The final score was 0-14 with Ian's team winning. I don't think that I have ever been so glad to get back into an air conditioned car!
Friday Night Lights
This past weekend was Homecoming for West Lafayette High School.
And that meant that Craig was invited to the alumni BBQ and other festivities.
When Craig was named to the Best of 100 Years Football Team a few years ago, Sarah had tee shirts made for him and our family to wear as we cheered for him when he was honored. He wore that tee for Friday night.
And he walked in the alumni parade between the first and second quarters.
His team hasn't won a game yet this year, and that probably won't change, but we are loyal fans and hang in there during both the good and the bad years.
All Weekend Fantasy Football
I was predicted to win this week's fantasy league game by a lot of points, despite the fact that I was playing football master Todd's team.
I started strong with 40 points from my quarterback Thursday night.
But by the end of play Sunday evening, Todd had overtaken me and I'd lost. Ah, well, there's always next week!
There was still fun to be had despite my Fantasy loss. My "sister of the heart," Lorna, is a huge football fan. We text daily and even during football games. It's fun to watch the same game at the same time, especially when we are rooting for the same team.
Lorna was a colleague when I taught in Illinois. We became very close, and during that time she coined the term, "sisters of the heart." I like that even better than "besties."
A recent photo of Lorna and her daughter visiting Lorna's sister who lives in a care facility.
We were okay for the Cowboys game, but on different sides for the Chiefs/Colts game. I like Andy Reid (KC's coach) and George Karlaftis, who plays for Kansas City, is a West Lafayette alum and once or twice a season comes back home to catch a football game on a Friday night.
I'll root for Kansas City until they play a horsey team - the Colts, the Broncos, the Cowboys... It was a tough game that went into overtime, and Lorna got the bragging rights at the end. (Not that she bragged; she's too kind for that!)
Oh well, the football cycle starts over on Thursday and I have some time to check my Fantasy team's players, maybe do some trading. I'll think about that as I stitch up another bedgown today.
Stay 'tooned!
No comments:
Post a Comment