Saturday, September 16, 2023

Craig & the 100 Year Football Celebration

Second Post of the Day 

West Lafayette High School is Craig's alma mater as well as his father's and my mother's. Its football program is celebrating their 100th year this year.



The celebration was held yesterday as a part of Homecoming and football alumni, from players to coaches to cheerleaders and more, were invited back for a BIG party.


See what I mean? That party went on until 12:30 AM!


Craig was named to the 100 Year Team which was a HUGE honor. (He played linebacker, was team captain, and All State when he played for West Side.)


The football alumni were given access to almost everything that evening. He was worried about leaving me alone (I was not granted that access with him) but I assured him that I would be fine and sent him off to go onto the field and stand with the team.


I sat in our usual seats on the 50 yard line and could watch all the celebrations going on and the game from there.
 

Craig (in white and black) watching the game.


A lot of long time friends were there. Former teacher (and now our neighbor) Dick Bossing on the far left, Craig, unknown, John Dennis (mayor of West Lafayette), unknown, and Tim Ball. 

 

Near the end of the first quarter, all the alumni from the football program walked down the track in front of the stands.


Craig is just a little right of center and wearing a hat.


The stands gave them ovation after ovation, and as they passed the student section, the high schoolers went wild. I could tell from his face that that meant a great deal to him.


Congratulations, Craig! I am so glad you got to enjoy this celebration, and look forward to many more Friday Night Lights with you.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a memorable celebration and special recognition for Craig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a memorable evening for him.

      Delete