Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hanging with the Herd

Particularly Hoakie. Here he is, coming over for a visit. (I really like Hoakie.)
 I wrote in an earlier post how much I enjoy hanging with the horses every day, and how they come so close, they put their heads right up to my face.

Well, hello!
 Eye to eye. 
 Now he reaches his nose to my face and breathes gently in my hair and  on my cheek.
(I think Hoakie looks like an elephant in this picture!)
Yes, they get this close! Hoakie is still breathing in my scent and lightly touching me with his nose. It can take some getting used to because their heads are very big. But once you do, it is relaxing and like chatting with an old friend. And their noses are sooooo soft.

I love to hang out with the herd. But there is a small price to pay:

Dirty hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment