Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wait a Minute...


Since it has been years (okay, DECADES) since I owned a horse, my barn attire is sadly lacking. I'm no fashionista, but I do want comfortable clothes to work in, and boots to protect my feet from dancing hooves.


Dover Saddlery, a well-respected retail company for horsepeople, had a clearance sale after I got Abby, and so I ordered myself some paddock boots. They arrived two weeks ago, but with school and all, I only just opened them tonight.

 I was really excited to open the box. Although I did not go for top quality boots, I did get a high quality pair.
Aren't they purdy? Love the leather color and the design across the bridge of the boot.
 Hmmm.... the color is a bit off - one boot is darker than the other.
 And the birdseye tooling is different, too. So are the zipper pulls.

Oh, my goodness! They sent me two left boots! From two different brands of bootmakers!
Yep, flipping them around to the back confirmed it - look at those labels. (Oooo!! Ariat! That's top quality! But not the boot I ordered.)

Honestly, I got a good giggle out of the mistake. And when I called Dover, they laughed, too, and are sending me a new pair of the SAME kind, with one right and one left boot, plus they are paying for the two left boots to be returned as well.

Guess I'll have to wait a while to clomp around the barn in my new paddock boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment