My solace SPOT actually has spots!
Lots of teeny, tiny white ones all over her body.
Yep, my solace spot is with my horse. And I headed out there this afternoon and spent a good half hour just soaking up that horsey sight, sound, touch, and smell.
Abby enjoyed being out in grassy spot with pockets of clover.Why did I head to the solace spot? Lisa had a job interview this afternoon. I have been praying all day that it will go well. TSC has had 1,000+ applications submitted - an incredibly high number. But she was one of five people called in for an interview this afternoon at Burnett Creek.
I started the morning praying for her - on my knees. That's really hard for me to do since I had my knees replaced, but I felt I needed to kneel and so I did.
All day I prayed - vocally in the car, inside my head, wherever I was, I was praying and pointing out to the Lord that Lisa needed a job, that she was an excellent teacher, had paid her dues, and could she please, please, please get a job??
Her interview was at 2:30, and I was so restless, I decided I needed to go out to my solace spot.
Abby is always happy to see me, especially so when I get her out to graze.
Burnett Creek is on the way to the barn. As I drove by it, I felt prompted to pull into their parking lot and pray. And so I did, offering up yet another fervent prayer that Lisa might be hired. (Maybe that proximity to the hiring team helped!)
And then I sat out at the barn for a good half hour, enjoying my horse and the warm weather, still praying in my heart but feeling more relaxed. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a (wo)man."

No comments:
Post a Comment