Summer vacation is here, but I am still in gogogogogo mode. It can be REALLY hard to step back from teaching and relax. (By the same token, the adjustment to going back to school in August is tough as well, only this time you are trying to ramp yourself up instead of winding down!)
So, I am still in the stage of perceiving things through an education lense. Including this familiar summer scene:
I didn't see two mares and a filly grazing. No, my mind's voice said, "Oh, look, they're doing cooperative play!"
(Cooperative play is a stage younger children go through when they do the very same task or game side by side but without interacting with each other.)
I think MOST DEFINITELY I need more time out at the barn with Abby so I can continue to decompress and move into summer relaxation mode!
No comments:
Post a Comment