No, my "decorating" usually consists of a small box or tub of a few related items that I put out in the living room on the fireplace mantle and the antique garden table that belonged to my grandparents. It's usually pretty simple, and my Kentucky Derby decorations are no exception.
My grandparents' garden table with a Breyer porcelain Refrigerator and Kip Diderickson model. It is surrounded by six Kentucky Derby glasses - each one bearing the birth year of our children (1977, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1985, and 1988.)
Displayed on my antique player piano is my Breyer Man o'War (from my carpet herd and still in terrific shape!) and the Kentucky Derby salt and pepper shakers I found at an antique shop years ago.
In front of the framed pictures that are on the fireplace mantle, I put two more Thoroughbred race horses.
An old Japan china (love the numbered saddle pad)...
... and a Hagen Renaker Thoroughbred and Jockey.
It's not a lot, but it's easy peasy to put out/put away, and I enjoy seeing it all every time I walk through my home!
No comments:
Post a Comment