Monday, April 4, 2016

New Faces Join the Herd

When I pulled up to the barn this afternoon, two bright spots out in the west pasture drew my eye. Tim had integrated Sultana and Snickerdoodle with the older horses!
 Two year old Sultana makes her way across the pasture with Diablo.
 Yearling Snickerdoodle was hanging out with Trouble.

These two are full brother and sister; a third sibling is expected any day now. Dolly, Sultana and Snickerdoodle's dam, is in foal and due to give birth soon. (She's at a farm about an hour's drive away.)
Snickerdoodle and Diablo touch noses.

I am not sure what Tim plans to do with the babies. He bred/raised Trouble and Dolly about ten years ago, and several horses have come and gone in the meantime (Yukon, Persuasion, a pinto pony, two Belgians, Dolly's dam, and Trouble's dam to name a few.) Originally he'd planned to sell Sultana and Snickerdoodle, but I am not sure that is the plan any more. 

Regardless of future plans, it is fun to have the babies around!

No comments:

Post a Comment