That is what happened this week, the first week back to school, which made things pretty crazy, but in the end, it all worked out.
A hobby acquaintance posted on a Facebook collectors' group that she was looking for a Hagen Renaker Lippitt. I had one and was willing to sell it, so I sent her pictures of it. She responded that, while she was looking for a different HR production era, she was still interested in buying my piece.
And the horse trading began!
She had asked if I had any other HRs for sale, so I sent her pictures of pieces that I would consider selling. She ended up buying all the Morgans:
the San Dimas Lippitt,
my San Dimas Forever Amber,
and my sweet Monrovia Roughneck. (He was a little hard to part with.)The other hobbyist sent me photos of pieces she was willing to trade as part of our deal. I'm a vintage Breyer collector, so I selected:
the bay Running Mare with eye whites and awesome shading,
the chalky Running Foal,
and the SR buckskin Lady Phase (a piece I have wanted for a very long time. Squee!!)The two of us figured out what we were willing to sell each piece for, totaled that up and then estimated shipping, and finally compared the two amounts to see if one of us owed the other money. She owed me, and so she sent the money to me via PayPal.
It was fun trading with this hobby friend. Even better, there was a level of trust between us. She understood when we began trading that it was back-to-school week for me and that I would not be able to get the horses mailed until the weekend. On my end, I sent them to her before she'd sent her payment - I knew she was good for it (and the payment arrived later that day when I sent her the tracking number and actual shipping costs.)
I cannot wait until my new models arrive next week. I imagine we both will be smiling when we open our boxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment