Saturday, October 21, 2017

Circus Horse Score!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a fondness for circus horses and ponies. When we were little, my sister, Leslie, and I used to pack old suitcases, pretending we were bareback riders in the circus, and go on adventures. (Let me tell you, we were very fine bareback performers! At least in our own eyes!) That may be where my fondness began.

Donna Chaney of Animal Artistry in England has a lovely set of Arabian circus horses. The full sized ones are very expensive, but the smaller ones are more affordable. But they are not always available, so I have been periodically checking her web site, hoping to get one.

Just after Christmas last year, I saw she was doing a run of 25 of the rearing one in bone china. I'd tried the other in resin and, while lovely, found that I preferred china. So, I emailed Donna, chatted back and forth with her figuring out details, and paid for my new piece.

She had said it might be a long wait, and she was correct. But what I received was so worth that wait! As I was literally leaving for the GLC show yesterday after lunch (I was walking to my car, key in hand), a box arrived. I'd not had a heads up that it was coming, so I was puzzled at first. I almost left the box at home, thinking it was some supplies I had ordered for my aquarium.
Fortunately, I made a quick check of the return address. Animal Artistry!! My new circus horse was here!
 I had ordered silver tack with blue plumes on a grey horse. I am so pleased with how that turned out. (Knowing what has worked well before, Donna helped me with the color choices.)
 Better pictures soon - these were taken in the bedspread in my hotel room.
Mine is 22/25. I guess I just made it before the run sold out!

I think I will pop him into today's show. I have no idea how he will do (some premiere clinky collectors are also showing, so we'll see!

Stay 'tooned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment